car insurance2Get Free Car Quotes and Low Rates on Auto Insurance

Coverage for you and your family no matter if you drive a car, van, truck or any other auto.

You need to protect yourself should your vehicle be damaged or stolen. You need auto insurance for liability – property damage or injury to others caused by you and other household members as a result of operating a motor vehicle. Other policy features include medical payment reimbursement and reimbursement for injury caused to you by an uninsured or inadequately insured driver.

There are many special situations where you may need to customize your auto insurance policy; examples include installation of custom audio equipment, business use of your auto and teenage and guest drivers, to name a few.

See our list of auto insurance providers.

Updated Information on Auto Insurance

In 2013, Alabama enacted its Mandatory Liability Insurance Law. The MLIL requires all Alabama drivers to carry a certain amount of automobile insurance on each of their registered vehicles. Beginning Nov. 1, 2017, motorists are now subject to a civil penalty if involved in a motor vehicle incident, the vehicle you are operating is not covered by the state’s mandatory liability insurance. (First offense: $200; second offense: $300; third or subsequent offenses: $400 each.)

Not sure if you are in compliance? Liveoak Agency, Inc. will ensure your auto policy meets all requirements set by Alabama law and offers the right amount of coverage for your individual needs.

Liability Coverage

In order to be in compliance with the MLIL, you must have liability insurance. Liability insurance will help cover property damage and bodily injury claims made by other drivers if you are found responsible for an accident.

Liveoak, Inc. offers several auto liability options with coverage starting at:

  • $50,000 for bodily injury or death per person.
  • $100,000 total for bodily injury or death per accident.


Additional Auto Insurance Coverage Options

It is important to note that your liability insurance will not cover your personal injuries or property damage resulting from an auto accident.

If you are interested in additional coverage, a Liveoak agent can explain your options and assist you in developing a policy that fits with your personal situational needs. Other types of coverage to consider are:

  • Collision: helps pay for accident-related damage to your car.
  • Comprehensive: helps pay for damage to your car resulting from a covered loss other than collision, such as vandalism, theft, or storm damage.
  • Medical and Funeral: helps pay for medical and funeral expenses incurred as the result of an auto accident.
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists: helps pay for medical bills and/or damage to your car if you are involved in an accident with a driver who does not have any insurance or does not have enough insurance to adequately cover your costs.

Aside from the legal implications of not carrying auto insurance, consider the peace of mind you get knowing you are protecting your family and assets. And even if you already have an automobile policy, a Liveoak agent will be happy to review it with you at any time. And since Liveoak Agency, Inc. is an independent agency, we can get quotes from several providers and find the best price for your needs.

Give us a call or drop us an email – we are here for you!

Quick links:

Personal Automobile Insurance

Recreational Vehicle Insurance

Motorcycle Insurance

Boat Insurance