Don’t Use a Boat without Boat Insurance
One policy includes protection against loss to your boat, motors, trailers and equipment and liability for property damage or physical injury to others caused by you or other boat operators. If you are looking for boat insurance, Liveoak Agency can give you the best options and the best prices.
Important Facts About Boat Insurance
Many boat owners unknowingly rely on the false notion that their boat is fully covered by their homeowners insurance. The fact is, homeowners insurance provides little or no coverage for boats.
Liveoak Agency, Inc. can put together a policy that is best for you, your boat, and your wallet.
Accidents happen. If you are found to be at fault for a boating accident, liability coverage can help. Full Liability Insurance can cover:
- Replacement of or repairs to the property of others involved in the accident
- Medical care, lost wages, and other costs incurred to others as a result of the accident
- Protection to your personal assets in the event of a third-party lawsuit
Basic Boat Insurance Coverage primarily helps with the costs of making repairs to your boat that are not associated with standard maintenance and upkeep. Like auto insurance, there are two types of basic boat insurance:
- Collision: Helps pay for repairs if your boat is damaged in a collision.
- Comprehensive: Helps cover costs associated with incidents like vandalism or theft, as well as damage caused by a non-collision event such as a fire or storm.
As you make decisions about your own boating insurance, consider adding Uninsured Boater Coverage to your policy. Uninsured boater coverage protects you and your property if you are involved in an accident caused by a boater who does not carry liability insurance.
In addition to protecting yourself and your assets, having a boating insurance policy in hand can save you time later:
- Your bank may require proof of insurance if you use your boat as collateral for a loan.
- Marinas may require proof of insurance before entering into a slip rental agreement.
Owning and operating a boat comes with inherent risks, both on and off the water.
If you still have concerns about the type and amount of your coverage, a Liveoak, Inc. agent will review your policy and options with you.